Skip to content

Here’s a little more detail regarding products and services you may require when selling your home.

Energy performance certificate (EPC)

It is a legal requirement to provide a valid EPC for all properties being offered for sale. An EPC assesses the energy performance of a property from A, which represents the most energy efficient property to G, which represents the least energy efficient property. It must be carried out by a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor and will also show a building’s environmental impact by indicating its carbon dioxide emissions. A valid EPC will last for 10 years. You are required by law to make the document available free of charge to prospective buyers at the earliest opportunity. If you don’t supply an EPC you could be fined £200. We can obtain an EPC certificate on your behalf.

Help with finding a mortgage

If you are buying a property and need a mortgage we can help. Finding the best mortgage deal can seem like a minefield and you may be bombarded with offers of advice from estate agents, banks, friends and family. As always, the only way to be sure you’re getting the best mortgage product is to shop around. However, there are a few key points to bear in mind:

  • Banks sometimes (but not always) offer you the best deals by going direct but they will only offer their own products. Remember, there are hundreds of other lenders to choose from.
  • Searching online will give you a good idea of what products are available. Unless you have mortgage lending experience you may not fully understand lenders’ terms and the small print which can make all the difference.
  • Mortgage advisors come with varying levels of qualification, and will have access to different lenders and products. Some will look at the whole market and some are tied to a select panel of lenders. Experienced advisors will be able to offer expert advice and do most of the leg work for you, monitoring the market to ensure you get the best deal. All mortgage advisors should be registered with the FSA (Financial Services Authority).

We would always recommend speaking to a mortgage advisor. If you’d like our help, please call us to discuss your requirements further and make a free appointment with our mortgage adviser at a time and place to suit you.


There are a number of removal options available to you at the time of moving. Whether you’re looking for a man with a van just to help with a few items or whether you want a full packing and moving service, we can help put you in touch with the right people.

Conveyancing services

The success of your sale is reliant on choosing a competent solicitor who’s experienced in conveyancing and has a good understanding of the local area. If you wish, we will be happy to refer you to a number of local and national solicitors. We deal with numerous solicitors on a daily basis and make our recommendations based on past experience and clients’ recommendations. If you would like us to arrange a quote on your behalf we will be happy to do so.


Your property and its contents should be comprehensively insured right up to and including the day of completion. If you are moving to a new property it is best to arrange insurance well in advance to ensure it is in place from the day you exchange contracts. Our mortgage adviser will be more than happy to source insurance products on your behalf and find you a great deal.


You may choose to have your own private survey of a propery indepentently of a mortgage survey (if required). We can put you in touch with some great RICS registered surveyers and structural engineers.

Inventory/Schedule of condition

Although it’s not a legal requirement we recommend that all landlords obtain a professional and comprehensive inventory report, this is essential if you need to make deductions from your tenant’s security deposit at the end of the tenancy. In the event of a dispute you will be unlikely to prove any damage or loss without an inventory taken at the start and end dates of the tenancy. Without this evidence, the independent claims examiner would be likely to award any disputed amount to your tenant. Blue Sky can prepare a professional inventory report.

PAT Testing (Portable Appliance Testing)

PAT testing is the process of checking electrical appliances for safety through a series of visual inspections and electronic tests. Although PAT testing is not a legal requirement it is a good way for landlords to ensure that they are meeting their legal obligations to maintain high standard of electrical safety in their rented properties. Blue Sky can provide a PAT testing report of your behalf.

Get in touch

Call us on 0117 932 8165 or send us a message...